Injured in a Bike Accident?
Riding a bicycle is one of the best ways to get around Philadelphia, but who wants to deal with frustrated drivers, potholes, and car doors that open out of nowhere? Not me. As an avid biker myself, I know that when it comes to an auto accident, cyclists have much more to lose than drivers. Whether your injuries were caused by a driver who “didn’t see you” or a driver who opened their door directly into the bike lane, you deserve compensation.
What Should I Do If I’m Injured In A Bicycle Accident?
- Try to get the driver’s information. If they stop, they should exchange insurance information with you just as one would in a car accident.
- If they flee the scene, attempt to get their license plate number and call the police.
- Make sure you get a police report and the DC#. This number will be very useful later.
- Check yourself for injures and go to the hospital to get checked out. Even if you just have cuts and bruises, you may have internal injuries that are not immediately apparent.
- Call an experienced personal injury lawyer to begin an immediate investigation and protect your rights.
Philadelphia Lawyer for your Bike Accident Case
A bicycle is a legal vehicle, and as such, cyclists are entitled to the same rights and responsibilities as drivers. If you get injured in a bicycle accident, then you have a right to recover compensation for your injuries. Call (267) 225-3317 now for a free consultation with an experienced attorney for bicyclist rights.
Our lawyers will go above and beyond to help you after a crash. In addition to making sure you’re fully compensated for your injuries, our lawyers will handle the property damage claim, negotiate your medical bills, and deal with the insurance company to save you money.
If you believe that you have a personal injury case, Troy R. Crichton can help you. He is an experienced litigator who can help assist you through every part of your legal case. Contact us for your free case evaluation.
All of our personal injury cases are handled on a contingency basis, so you won’t pay unless you receive a monetary award for your case. Call (267) 225-3317 today for a free consultation.