Drug Crimes Delaware
Accused Of Drug Crimes In Delaware County?
Crimes involving controlled substances and illegal narcotics carry severe penalties that can permanently damage your reputation, your career, and your future. If you’re charged with a drug crime, then you’re facing the possibility of jail time, public humiliation, the loss of your job, and a criminal record. In addition, some drug crimes come with collateral consequences such as loss of your driver’s license, your right to vote, and your right to possess a firearm.
If you or someone you love is charged with a drug crime in Delaware County, you need a defense attorney with passion, experience, and knowledge to make sure you get the best possible result.
Get A Drug Crime Defense Attorney With Proven Success
Troy R. Crichton, Esq. is the drug crime defense attorney you want on your side when facing a serious drug crime charge in Delaware County.
Troy first honed his courtroom skills as a criminal defense trial attorney with the Defender’s Association of Philadelphia, one of the premier public defense organizations in the United States. At the Defender’s Association, Troy quickly rose through the ranks fighting for the underprivileged citizens of Philadelphia and surrounding areas. He has represented individuals who faced decades in prison and has won some of the most complex drug crime cases in Delaware County, including:
- Possession (with intent to distribute/sell)
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Criminal Use of a Communications Facility
- Marijuana and synthetic marijuana
- Prescription drugs (Oxycontin, Percocet, Vicodin)
- Ecstasy (MDMA or Mollies)
Do I Need A Drug Crime Defense Attorney In Delaware County?
When facing a criminal charge in Delaware County, PA, you need an aggressive, knowledgeable drug crime defense attorney.
Facing criminal charges can be frightening and overwhelming, especially if it’s a first-time offense. Prosecutors do not make the process any easier for defendants. Prosecutors are there to charge and convict a defendant to the fullest extent of the law. In Delaware County, PA, prosecutors have what is known as “prosecutorial discretion,” which means that they have the power to decide whether or not to file criminal charges against a defendant. They can also choose what type of charges to file against the accused—and will often choose to charge the crimes that will yield the harshest penalties. Protection from prosecutors is one of the main reasons it is vital to have an aggressive criminal defense attorney in your corner.
Attorneys such as Troy know how to skillfully fight for their clients’ rights even before the trial starts. It may seem as if a criminal charge and a courtroom trial is inevitable, but a skilled drug crime attorney who is intimately familiar with Pennsylvania’s drug laws will create a strategy to eliminate or mitigate the charges you may be facing, and reduce the penalties that may come with a drug crime conviction.
Troy has years of experience handling drug crime cases and is familiar with the various prosecutors, judges, and courts in the area. He knows how to modify his arguments or legal strategy based on which prosecutors and judges are involved. Troy can negotiate terms, charges, penalties, and sentencing with the prosecutor much more effectively compared to someone who knows little or nothing about the prosecution or how they’ve handled similar cases in the past.
In addition to knowing how to work with the prosecution, a drug crime defense attorney in Delaware County, PA can:
- Provide the defendant with an in-depth understanding of the criminal justice system and process
- Negotiate deals with the prosecutors, arrange reduced charges, or successfully get the charges dropped altogether
- Help the defendant understand his or her case by explaining realistic expectations and outcomes
- Provide crucial advice and knowledge about the law by virtue of being well-versed in state and federal laws, penalties, and procedures
- Spend time assessing the case, gathering and examining documents, doing legal research, and talking to witnesses
- Gather information from prosecution witnesses
- Hire and manage investigators and experts
If you have been charged with a drug crime in Delaware County, PA it is critical that you hire a drug crime defense attorney who knows how to protect your rights.
What Defenses Are There To Drug Crimes?
It may seem like some drug crimes are indefensible, but Troy has several successful defense strategies in his arsenal, such as:
- Police performed an illegal search (violation of the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution)
- Improper procedures were conducted during a search
- No knowledge of drugs or narcotics that were found in your possession
- Improper identification procedures
- Coercion of an illegal confession by police
Contact Crichton Law
If you or someone you care about has been charged with any type of drug crime in Philadelphia or the surrounding counties, you need the help of a Troy R. Crichton, Esq. Call (267) 225-3317 to discuss your defense today.