The Right To Bear Arms In Montgomery County, PA
The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution gives all citizens the right to bear arms. While we all have the right to own firearms, each state has its own laws and regulations around purchasing, carrying, and storing firearms.
Pennsylvania is no exception and in fact, has some of the strictest gun laws of any state in the union. If you are a gun owner who lives, works, or conducts business in Montgomery County, PA then it’s important that you completely understand gun laws and what constitutes a gun crime. Who better to give you this information than the top guns and weapons lawyer in the greater Montgomery County region?
Common Gun Crimes In Montgomery County, PA
The Pennsylvania Penal Code’s firearms statutes are lengthy and complex. However, the most common gun crimes that require the assistance of a firearms lawyer include:
- Carrying a concealed weapon without a permit in an area where a gun permit is required
- Possessing a firearm as a convicted felon
- Possessing illegal or modified firearms
- Possessing a firearm while in the act of committing a felony
- Carrying a firearm in a prohibited zone, such as a school
Penalties For Gun Crimes In Montgomery County, PA
Individuals who are found guilty of violating gun laws in Montgomery County should immediately consult with a gun cases attorney, as they may face:
- Significant jail time
- Loss of rights to own a firearm
- Fines and court fees
- Loss of professional licenses
- Loss of employment
- A life-long criminal record
- Damage to immigration status and/or deportation
These are all serious, life-altering punishments so it is imperative that you have a gun cases attorney who understands what’s at stake and how to properly defend you in court.
Defenses Against Gun Crimes In Montgomery County, PA
Learning that you are being charged with a gun crime can be an incredibly frightening experience, but it is important to remain calm and speak to a criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible.
A firearms lawyer will understand that there are plenty of defense strategies that are often available to you. Some common defenses that attorneys may use include:
- Arguing that there was no intent to carry the gun
- Arguing that the firearm was not loaded when the alleged crime took place
- Arguing that the gun wasn’t functional at the time of the crime
- Arguing that you were unaware that the gun was in your possession.
- Arguing that you believed you were in fear of imminent harm from someone else when the gun crime occurred.
Contact A Passionate Guns And Weapons Attorney In Montgomery County, PA
If you are facing a concealed weapons violation, criminal charges for illegal felony possession of a firearm, or any other crime related to using, owning, carrying, or brandishing a firearm, then contact Troy R. Crichton. Mr. Crichton is a gun cases attorney in Montgomery County, PA and has a thorough understanding of the intricacies of Pennsylvania gun laws.
He has tried hundreds of gun crime cases and fights for his clients every step of the way. He will create a legal defense strategy in order to obtain the most positive outcome possible for you.
If you would like to learn about your rights from a firearms lawyer, then please contact Troy R. Crichton for a free personalized case evaluation at (267) 225-3317.